As the weather has turned so spring and pleasant (unlike still snow plagued Utah), I spent an afternoon studying Korean and visiting with friends in the small neighborhood park around the corner from my apartment. Like parks at home, this one had a pair of swings, a few sets of monkey bars, benches, several seesaws, a slide, and a merry-go-round. A few hours passed and the park grew busy with a dozen or so elementary age children. After watching a couple children trying to turn their friends on the merry-go-round, I thought it was time to be a hero. I excused myself from chatting with my friend and told the kids to all hop on while I gave them a spin.
We may have had a language barrier, but they immediately understood. Looks like fun, huh? This ride was old and in need of some oil, so it didn't go as fast as I've liked, but their screams of delight and the looks on their faces told me they were having fun.
Of course, after I turned them, it was time for me to have some fun. I ordered them all off the merry-go-round and told them it was my turn. Language differences aside, they understood again and made a valiant effort to turn me for a minute or two. It was pretty cute.
And that's how I spent my Sunday afternoon.
2 comments:
What a fun Sunday afternoon!
I need updates!! :)
Post a Comment