Halloween
What a day! After attending my two-hour beginning Korean class at Kanwon University at 8:00 am, followed by lunch with two of my classmates from Canada, I arrrived at school at 1:00 pm. The next congested hours consisted of face painting, balloons, teaching the students about trick-or-treating and then rewarding them with candy, frequently spooking the current batch of kids with my dreadful vampire attire, entertaining the masses, and controlling the chaos. To quote a coworker, "Not a bad way to spend an afternoon."
The icing on the day was the arrival of the two new teachers from Canada after a month of waiting. They're a young husband/wife team and they seem eager and friendly. I expect I'll finally get a new teaching schedule by Monday with the long-awaited reduction in hours.
A bit more than four months left in my contract. Could the time be flying any faster?
No comments:
Post a Comment