My latest teaching contract ends in a few weeks when I plan to return to the States. It is uncertain, for now, where I'll work next.
After four years in Korea, thoughts of leaving for good have made me nostalgic about the things I'll miss when I go. In no particular order, they are:
1-the delicious, often endearing, naiveté of 20-something Korean girls (actually all girls under 35)
2-small breasts (there, I said it)
3-the thrill of learning and being able to actually use a clever new Korean phrase
4-anonymity
5-public transportation
6-the pass I frequently get for being a foreigner
7-every single one of my student, some especially so
8-the green, green, green, green countryside
9-the familiarity I have with my own corner of the country
10-the closeness of Korean history and contemporary culture
*Bonus*
11-high-speed internet
2 comments:
will you miss your foreign friends? or just your students?
I'll miss my students the most but I'll certainly miss my foreign friends too, particularly since I don't have many friends left at home.
Post a Comment