
Not allow to enter American
Originally uploaded by digitalnut.
In June 2002, two South Korean girls were accidentally and tragically crushed to death by US Military vehicles conducting exercises. There followed an intense flare-up of anti-American sentiment complete with protests, some of which turned violent.
Many business also posted signs, like this one in Chuncheon, stating American were not welcome. This sign was posted on the door of my favorite DVD room where I often went to watch current American movies in the comfort of an air conditioned room with surround sound.
I snapped this picture, got scolded by the manager, and never returned, even after the country cooled off and the signs came down.
Hmm..., I wonder, if, in addition to excluding Americans, the manager also pulled all the American DVDs. Since Hollywood flicks usually consititue some 70% of the movie choices in Korea, I doubt it.
No comments:
Post a Comment