Sunday, May 14, 2006

On the bus to Everland


One the bus to Everland
Originally uploaded by digitalnut.

After a week of tough midterms last week, my students got a day off for a field trip to Everland, the largest amusement park in Korea and I was lucky enough to get to tag along.

The most fun I had was on the two hour bus rides, to and from the park, mingling with the students. Some kids played the typical shy game but most were eager to talk and snap pictures. It's the ideal time to practice speaking, outside the classroom, where we chat about real-world stuff.

I don't always manage to remember names (in this picture, I could tell you two out of three) but personalities always stand out. The boy on the left is outgoing and chatty, the girl in the middle eager and attentive, and the girl on the right is solemn and shy - this picture captured a rare smile.

No comments: